Skip to main content

Eulogy for a cat

Our family cat died last night.

Sadie had this bad habit of sitting under the van and napping.... and she's getting old. (7 or 8 years, we figure. Not exactly sure.) She's always been able to scramble out of the way of the moving tires before, but she was too slow this time. Poor girl - she was really nice, and loved us like a dog would!

"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die..." It was getting to be her time. She wasn't as playful as she used to be, poor thing, and just seemed to be feeling old. (Yeah, I know 7 or 8 years isn't very old! But she was an outdoor cat, and they seem to have shorter lifespans.)

Oh well. Now to see if the cat shelter has any extra kittens.

I wish I had a picture uploaded here somewhere... she was pretty. I actually drew her for my pastels class this past winter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog