Random updates on my life:
- I’ve finally gotten back into reading. I think I finished no fewer than three books in the last week and have started a fourth. Aren’t you proud of me? The books I’ve finished are Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (as you already knew), Revelations of a Single Woman by Connally Gilliam, and Unfashionable by Tullian Tchividjian. I would recommend them all to different audiences. P&P&Z needs to be read by fun-loving P&P philes. Revelations is a great read for post-college, pre-dating gals like me. And Unfashionable? Cool for young thinking Christians.
- The fourth book I’m reading is Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church by D. A. Carson. It’s one of the few books I actually bought without having read it beforehand, and I’m already glad I did. There are so many things I can identify with in the emergent movement, yet I know that I’m not satisfied with their solutions, so I’m anxious to finish it. I’ll probably be reading that later on tonight.
- My car window still doesn’t roll up all the way. I’ve rigged up a plastic-covered cardboard panel that I can affix to the car door when it’s parked, to keep the overnight storms from drenching my seat, but I do need to get it to the shop sometime in the next week…
- I had a pork burger on Tuesday evening and it actually was pretty tasty.
- I miss college friends. Pretty sure not a one of them lives in the same state I do. And now two of my best ones live in an entirely different hemisphere. How am I supposed to survive this?
- Last night, when I wrote this, I was so tired I went to bed at 9:30. I’ve been up entirely too late most nights this week. I made it to bed by eleven on Tuesday night, I think, but that was the only day this week I wasn’t up past that. And my bedtime’s supposed to be about ten!