Skip to main content

Compendium of Links #41

I’M HOME!!!

By that, I mean I’m visiting my folks, and won’t be online much, I suspect. However, my sister right now is in the middle of her morning routine and nobody else is awake or home, so I shall share a few links!

Seven skills to develop in your twenties – like, you know, a lengthened attention span, logical thinking and budgeting. (Via Boundless.)

What to do about teens dropping out of church after high school graduation? Well, find out why they’re dropping out, or revisit your assumption that they’re dropping out in such high numbers at all. If you read one article, please read the other, too. (First link via Facebook friends; second, via Gene Veith.)

The decline of marriage and the rise of unwed mothers: An economics-based answer to why the culture is changing, courtesy of the writers at The Atlantic Wire. Curious, isn’t it?

Think of marriage like any other contract or investment. It's most likely to happen when the gains are big. So we should expect marriages among low-income Americans to decline if women perceive declining gains from hitching themselves to the men around them.

Make a silver ring for 25 cents!

The most disobeyed commandment in the church – it’s the fifth, and it has more to do with the President than with your mom in this respect.

And for fans of the Cup Song (check it out on YouTube first if you’re not familiar with it already), I present: A cover.

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog