Skip to main content

The Avengers, a time capsule, and a movie

If you happen to have a good library system near you (or one that just can't get rid of old TV shows), check out an episode of "The Avengers" with Patrick MacNee and Diana Rigg. They're great.

If you happen to have been reading my blog for more than a year (thus you visited the old KB blog), you might remember this time capsule post. I didn't actually do it, but my sis did, and it actually worked! She got the e-mail last weekend.

And while I'm at it, I must resurrect a quote from one of my favorite movies:

The world is so full of a number of things I'm sure we should all be happy as... but are we? No! Definitely no! Positively no! Decidedly no! Huh-uh.

Short people have long faces and long people have short faces. Big people have little humor and little people have no humor at all.

And in the words of that immortal bard-- Samuel J. Snodgrass-- as he was about to be led to the guillotine-- make 'em laugh!

Can you even guess the movie?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I CAN!!!!
readersis said…
:-P
Princess Bride happens to be one of my other two favorite movies.

The quote (actually three I guess, but they're all in a string) is from Singing in the Rain. Good musical.
readersis said…
*grin* sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock... you know, like the old "Psycho".

And, I shall have you know, SitR is one of the funniest movies in the world. (It's not funnier than PB, but it's still funny!)
Anonymous said…
Yeah, Cosmo is the one who said those lines I quoted.

Hitchcock... lemme think, I saw The Birds, and Saboteur and Sabotage (easily confused sometimes...), Psycho, Rear Window, Vertigo, Dial M for Murder, Foreign Correspondent, I Confess, The Man Who Knew Too Much (I think that's the one where Doris Day sings "Que Sera"), Mr. and Mrs. Smith (although that one wasn't a horror film), North by Northwest (I like Cary Grant in almost everything), Rebecca, and Suspicion. I'm sure I've seen Notorious and Strangers on a Train, but I can't remember them really well... and there was one that had something to do with pi... it was some sort of secret society... but maybe it wasn't a Hitchcock after all.

My goodness! That's a lot of movies...

Popular posts from this blog