Skip to main content

More college visits, etc....

Boy, have I been neglectful!

Anyway, I've gone on two more college visits - one about three or three and a half hours away, and one pretty close (not quite commuter distance, but very close to it). They were both fun - at the close one, I saw one of my 4-H friends entirely by accident. :-)

I just read most of a "Just So Story" to my little neighbor (she's about ten years younger than I am), and I could hardly keep from laughing! Try "How the first letter was written" and you'll see what I mean.

hmmmmmmmmmmm...... tomorrow's a homeschool group meeting... OH NOW I REMEMBER! To excerpt an e-mail I sent to my grandma:

"Yesterday (Election Day) I worked at --- Township Precinct B & C as a tech assistant! (In --- County, of course.) I had to get up at 4:45 so I could get to the church where the polls were by 5:30 A.M. I helped set up the new voting machines, and I took care of the machines throughout the day (cleaning the touchscreens, troubleshooting, tapping one printer occasionally because some "gremlin" in it was making noises *grin*). It was fun, even though it took FOURTEEN AND A HALF HOURS! The machines didn't really give us any trouble, so I spent a lot of time reading my book, but of course I also talked to the pollworkers and ate snacks - some of the pollworkers had brought doughnuts and cookies and chips. :-) I had a sandwich for lunch, but Mom brought me taco lasanga, some fruit, milk and two Reese's Cups for supper. I savored the Reese's Cups for the rest of the night."

The book that I was working on (and still haven't finished!) is C.S. Lewis' "God in the Dock". Very good, if you happen to ask me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog