Skip to main content

Lullaby bay

Today in class, we got to listen to a lullaby (because we're studying Latino music this week). And then, one of the discussion questions was to think of some songs that we'd had our moms sing to us when we were little--our own lullabies.

I came up with two from Mary Poppins ("Feed the Birds" and "Stay Awake") almost immediately, as well as a song called "Sleep little dream princess." There was also a song based on Psalm 5:1-3, and the song from Dumbo when we were really really little (which I don't remember much of, but would recognize if I heard it), and....

Well, lemme think. Now that I sit down and try to remember the other songs, I can't! I'm pretty sure there was another one that mentioned the moon. Yes, I'm sure there was... it's right there and I can't recall it... something about going to sleep, and then when you wake we'll be here...

Ack! Don't you hate it when you know a song but you can't recall it at the moment?? Especially when it's right there!

P.S. I think maybe Mom sang "Hushaby Mountain" as well (from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog