Skip to main content

Compendium of Links #56

I'm such a baby when I get sick. All I have the energy to do is sit on the couch and read... if that. All I've got is a bad cold, and I slept till 11 a.m. today. I blame it on my sister. :P

A Japanese architect won an architecture prize for his beautiful temporary structures built in the wake of major disasters. Check out the photos of the buildings made of cardboard... paper... you name it! (HT: A cousin)

An addicting math-y game featuring Doctor Who! It's called 2048... I think because 2048=2^11 and there are 11 Doctors. So far I've only been able to get to the seventh doctor, I think.

A really neat GIF shows the progression of history through the borders of U.S. colonies, territories and states!

Tim Challies shares 8 ways to get more done this week -- very commonsense stuff but often overlooked or pushed aside! (I'm talking to myself here. :P )

Jon Acuff finally distinguishes between "haters" and sincere disagreement.

A quiz from Pew Research: How millennial are you? I got a score of 65, pretty close to the average millennial score. The spectrum also marks the general scores of Gen-Xers, Boomers and the Silent Generation.

How to make your own pop -- carbonation included! It takes a bit of experimenting to get it so it doesn't taste too bitter. I'd add a lime for flavor, too.

If you've seen the movie "Frozen" (which I recommend, by the way), you'll probably get a kick out of this parody.

Comments

Abby said…
NOT MY FAULT, NOT MY FAULT. as for colds, you're a sissy...:-D

Interesting gif

I got up to Christopher Eccleston...:-D

That's crazy architecture.

ok, this makes no sense but I got a score of 6 which makes me truly born in the wrong century almost, as that's near the silent generation, circa 1945. Apparently if you don't have a cellphone that makes you really old, as it affects score by 25.

I read that as "how to make your own poop" at first...:-D

Frozen must be REALLY WEIRD...:-D
readersis said…
But it WAS your fault. ;)

I did eventually beat the game, but not the Doctor Who version! I've gotten up to Tennant several times though.

Yeah, almost everyone I know has a cell phone; I can think of only one exception, in fact, out of the people I know at church and through work.

YOU are the really weird one, methinks. :P
Abby said…
Maybe I iz and maybe I izn't. :-D

Popular posts from this blog