Skip to main content

The Rest of the Story, part 2

I heard the end of a radio broadcast today about the life and work of Paul Harvey, whose radio show "The Rest of the Story" I used to listen to almost every day. Focus on the Family had a two part radio broadcast, which you can access from their podcast feed, here and here.

And if you're quick enough, there appear to be several other Web features on the main portion of the radio website. Fascinating.

My best memory of Paul Harvey was actually his book, not his radio program... "More of Paul Harvey's The Rest of the Story." I must have read it at least three times, and I don't even know where it is anymore. But I remember many of the stories in it. Several dealt with historical events... one was about an event ten years before Pearl Harbor, during which a U.S. navy something-or-other (I wanna say colonol or corporal, but I don't think that's right) demonstrated the exact weakness of Pearl Harbor that was noticed by the Japanese and exploited. In other words, we ourselves showed Japan how to attack us. (Because yes, the Japanese military noticed it when we pointed it out.) I always thought that was an intriguing, if disturbing, story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog