Skip to main content

"New and Improved" Jeans

No, really! They're new to me, and I improved them significantly. :) When I got them (from the Salvation Army thrift store), they fit me extremely well--except that they were four inches too long. I wear petite, and these were the tall kind... plus they weren't flared at all, and I much prefer the flare-cut at the hem. Sooo.... I had some fun with them!

I first cut off a good two inches, and left the rest for hem. Then I found some fabric I liked--this time it ended up being an old placemat with nothing that matched it. Mom didn't care if I used it since there were no matching pieces at all. So, I cut that in half (roughly) and pinned them into these 13-inch slits I made up the outside of each leg, along the hem. And I sewed them in, and trimmed off the extra fabric on the inside so it looked more like the triangle it was (rather than the rectangle it started as).

Then I hemmed up the whole shebang and pranced around taking pictures of myself in my new jeans. I had to have some way to show them off, you know. :)

I did this once before, but that pair is wearing out; thus, the new pair. I have some appliques to put on another pair too, but I don't know which pair yet....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog