Skip to main content

Quotes on my Facebook profile



(Just for some meager amusement while I spend all day tomorrow on a bus and all the next day out of reach of the Internet. Sweet dreams.)

There's a loyalty that's deeper than mere sentiment
And a music higher than the songs that I can sing
The stuff of earth competes for the allegiance
I owe only to the Giver of all good things...
--Rich Mullins

But there's more to this life than living and dying,
More than just trying to make it through the day;
More to this life, more than these eyes alone can see,
And there's more than this life alone can be.
--Stephen Curtis Chapman

For as long as I shall live, I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
And with every breath I take, I will give thanks to God above
For as long as I shall live, I will testify to love.
--Avalon

Be thou my vision, oh Lord of my heart
Naught be all else to me, save that thou art
Thou my best thought, by day or by night
Waking or sleeping, thy presence my light.
Be thou my wisdom, and thou my true Word
I ever with thee, and thou with me, Lord
Thou my great Father, I thy true son
Thou in me dwelling, and I with thee one.
--Dal­lan For­gaill

'Cause when we say 'no' to the things of the world
We open our hearts to the love of the Lord and
It's hard to imagine the freedom we find
From the things we leave behind.
--Michael Card

When you're weary, feeling small,
When tears are in your eyes, I will dry them all;
I'm on your side--when times get rough
And friends just can't be found,
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down.
--Paul Simon

Ancient words, ever true
Changing me and changing you
They resound with God's own heart
Oh, let the ancient words impart.
--Lynn DeShazo

Qué será, será,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see...
Qué será, será.
--Livingston / Evans

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
And a time for every purpose under heaven.
--The Byrds (see also Ecclesiastes)

Take a look at you and me
Are we too blind to see
Do we simply turn our heads
And look the other way...
--Elvis Presley

'Cause it takes all o' ma time to praise my Jesus
All o' ma time to praise my Lord
If I don't praise him, de rocks a'gonna cry out
Glory and Honah, Glory and Honah...
Ain't got time to die.
--old spiritual

The Road goes ever on and on
    Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
    And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
    Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
    And whither then? I cannot say.
--J.R.R. Tolkien

Psalm 19

Psalm 139

Proverbs 3... full of promises!

Romans 12

"Three-quarters of a glass is half full!" --Bethany :-D

"You can't stab someone with a dirty fork!" --Katie M

"Big, long, black... and fuzzy!!"  --Jonathan on submarines

"EWWWW!  CAKE PARTICLES!!" --Amanda

"Él es negro..." --Cody

"Hoes... what are they doing in the garden?" --Alicia

"The world is so full of a number of things I'm sure we should all be happy as... but are we? No! Definitely no! Positively no! Decidedly no! Huh-uh.
   Short people have long faces and long people have short faces. Big people have little humor and little people have no humor at all.
   And in the words of that immortal bard-- Samuel J. Snodgrass-- as he was about to be led to the guillotine-- make 'em laugh!"
--Donald O'Connor, as Cosmo Brown

"Mr. Ambassador, you have nearly a hundred naval vessels operating in the North Atlantic right now. Your aircraft has dropped enough sonar buoys so that a man could walk from Greenland to Iceland to Scotland without getting his feet wet. Now, shall we dispense with the bull?"
--Richard Jordan, as Jeffrey Pelt

"If you have 6.0x10^23 plus guaca what do you have?" --Jennifer K's FB status

"Pretzels! You know, they're crunchy and they have salt on them." --Polonius, bolonius, plutonius, aka Alicia

What trouble are giants--what's wrong with being small?
The bigger they come, you know the harder they fall
When you're fightin' for Zion, and you're on the Lord's side,
I think you're gonna find they ain't no trouble at all...
--Rich Mullins

For none is so sad,
But a door who wished to be a tree.
--Alicia

Comments

Alicia Brooks said…
i'm famous! I am mentioned in your blog! :-) hahaha,we had some hilarious times with a couple of those quotes!
readersis said…
hehe yes we did! Oh the memories... :P

Popular posts from this blog