Skip to main content

Prayer to glorify

From my devotional today:
"Lord, help me to glorify Thee;

I am poor, help me to glorify Thee by contentment;

I am sick, help me to give Thee honour by patience;

I have talents, help me to extol Thee by spending them for Thee;

I have time, Lord, help me to redeem it, that I may serve thee;

I have a heart to feel, Lord, let that heart feel no love but Thine, and glow with no flame but affection for Thee;

I have a head to think, Lord, help me to think of Thee and for Thee;

Thou hast put me in this world for something, Lord, show me what that is, and help me to work out my life-purpose: I cannot do much, but as the widow put in her two mites, which were all her living, so, Lord, I cast my time and eternity too into Thy treasury; I am all Thine; take me, and enable me to glorify Thee now, in all that I say, in all that I do, and with all that I have."
--Charles Spurgeon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog